Computer Network Technicians NOC 2281
Computer network technicians set up, maintain and optimize local and wide-area computer networks. They may also set up and maintain internet and intranet web-servers.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, repair, and administer local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), mainframe networks, computer workstations, connections to the Internet, and peripheral equipment
- Evaluate and install computer hardware, networking software, operating system software, and software applications
- Operate master consoles to monitor the performance of computer systems and networks and to co-ordinate access and use of computer networks
- Provide problem-solving services to network users
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and upgrade Web-server hardware and software.
10-year Job Openings
There are 334 job openings forecasted between 2018-2027.
Average Annual Salary
- Completion of a college or other program in computer science, network administration, Web technology or a related field is usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.