User Support Technicians NOC 2282
User support technicians provide technical support to users experiencing difficulties with computer hardware, software and network connections.
- Communicate electronically and in-person with computer users experiencing difficulties to determine and document problems experienced
- Consult user guides, technical manuals, and other documents to research and implement solutions
- Reproduce, diagnose and resolve technical problems encountered by users
- Provide advice and training to users in response to identified difficulties
- Provide business systems, network, and Internet support to users in response to identified difficulties.
10-year Job Openings
There are 337 job openings forecasted between 2018-2027.
Average Annual Salary
- Completion of a college program in computer science, computer programming, or network administration is usually required.
- College or other courses in computer programming or network administration are usually required.
- Certification or training provided by software vendors may be required by some employers.