Social and community service professionals

This minor group includes psychologists, social workers, counsellors, probation and parole officers and those in professional occupations in religion. They work in private practice; and are employed by mental health, health care and rehabilitation facilities; correctional facilities, community service, social service, and child welfare organizations; schools, school boards, and universities; counselling centres, group homes, family therapy centres; churches, synagogues, temples and other places of worship; employee assistance programs, human resource departments, and employment service organizations; consulting, and other companies; Aboriginal band councils, and federal and provincial governments; and government and private research agencies.