Dry cleaning and laundry machine operators perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate dry cleaning machines to dry-clean dresses, suits, coats, sweaters and other garments, draperies, cushion covers and other articles
- Sort garments and operate washing machines and dryers to clean and dry clothing, sheets, blankets, towels and other articles
- Operate machines to clean and blow-dry fur garments
- Operate machines to dry-clean, dye, spray, re-oil, and re-buff suede and leather garments
- Mix and add detergents, dyes, bleaches, starches and other solutions and chemicals.
Dry cleaning and laundry inspectors and assemblers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Check finished garments and other articles to ensure that they are properly dry-cleaned or laundered
- Record damaged or improperly dry-cleaned or laundered garments and other articles
- Use hand-held steam iron to touch up finished garments and other articles
- Assemble and bag finished garments and other articles
- Match invoices with tags on garments or other articles.
Ironing, pressing and finishing workers perform some or all of the following duties:
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Hand iron laundered fine linens or dry-cleaned silk garments
- Operate fur ironing and glazing equipment to finish fur garments and other fur articles
- Fold and bag dry cleaned and laundered articles
- May operate laundering equipment.
Workers in this group may specialize in finishing suede, leather, fur and delicate articles.